Monday, April 15, 2013

Meet Featured Artist Ghaith S. Jarew



***All of Ghaith S. Jarew's work in The Small, Dark Room art exhibit is for sale. Only two more chances to check them out: April 15th and 16th!***

---------------------------------------------

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Ghaith S. Jarew. I was born in Baghdad, Iraq in 1976 and completed university study. I became a professional artist when I was 13, and I had the first gallery of paintings at the age of 17. Also, my father and uncle were both artists.

I traveled after the liberation of Iraq in 2003 to Syria and I did several art shows. I also traveled to Jordan and Egypt and did many art shows there, too.

At the end of 2012, I came to the United States of America to prove to the world that art is the only language that does not need a translator to reach you.
 
How would you describe your style as an artist?

I have a strong sense of color which is evident in all my artwork, especially in modern abstract paintings.

Are there any themes or issues that you communicate or wish to communicate through your art?

Human rights, children's rights, freedom and women's rights in the East. This is what I wish to communicate in my art.

Who and/or what have been your creative influences, and why?

The real artist is always affected by the circumstances, and this is the real reason for creativity.

How did you become involved with Erasing the Distance?

It was via an invitation from Meredith [Siemsen], and I was very excited for this event.

Did you find any personal connections with The Small, Dark Room

Yes, of course. I have friends who I connect with The Small, Dark Room.

What can we expect from your pieces in The Small, Dark Room exhibit?

Through the sense or feeling between the artwork and the human, it is possible to be a silent play, and a visitor can imagine theatre how he wants.

[The exhibit] is a wonderful thing that will complement and be an important part of the show.

Art can be such a powerful tool to evoke conversation and social change. Would you agree? How so?

Of course I agree completely; art is the most important thing possible to communicate with different peoples and civilizations. The proof is in the paintings that were found in the caves long ago that were ways in which humans in history spoke to others.

Do you have a studio, website or are you on other digital platforms (i.e. social media) where people can find out more about you and your art?

Of course. I have a home studio and my website. People can find out more about me and my art by visiting http://www.flickr.com/ghaith_art and http://www.facebook.com/Ghaith_art.

No comments:

Post a Comment