Friday, November 5, 2010

Five Questions with Diana Clegg

We are bringing our "5 Questions with..." series back today to introduce you to our newest staff member, Diana Clegg!  We are so excited to have Diana as part of the ETD team, and we wanted to let you get to know her a little too.  So without further ado... 


Five Questions With: Diana Clegg
ETD collaborator since: October 2010

1. What is your role with Erasing the Distance?
I am excited to be the new Managing Director for Erasing the Distance. You can contact me regarding charitable contributions, finances, contracts, human resources, and board relations.

2. When you are not working with ETD, what might you be doing?
I am likely to be singing with my community chorus, Artemis Singers, or organizing some type of event (e.g. concert, wedding, party).

3. Can you share with us your favorite ETD moment?
Well, it’s only been a month, so I’m sure to have many more favorite moments to choose from in the future. Right now I would have to say that it was when I read the Managing Director job posting for Erasing the Distance. I kept thinking to myself, that’s me, the job description is describing me. Then I went to the ETD website to learn about the organization and its mission and was so impressed. I was definitely hooked at that point and knew I had to become a part of it.

4. What do you think is a pressing mental health need in your community?
I would have to say access to quality mental health services. Even if you’re fortunate enough to have good insurance, there are usually so many limitations, such as who you can have as a health provider, what is the co-pay, how many sessions you’re allowed or what type of services are covered.

5. Can you tell us your favorite way to de-stress?
I wish I could say that it was some type of healthy exercise, but really I’m more likely to read a book or watch TV to de-stress. It transports me to somewhere else for a little while.

Thanks Diana!  And to all our readers, have a wonderful weekend - and come back next week to hear about an ETD staff trip to New Jersey for an Active Minds conference!!!

-Jessica  

No comments:

Post a Comment