Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New pages on ErasingTheDistance.org

We love our blog readers!  I am curious... Do those of you who read our blog check us out online in other ways?

For example, we have a monthly e-newsletter (click here to see an e-newsletter from October 2010, or see below to subscribe).  Of course, we also have a website.  And, we JUST added new pages to our website, updating information about our shows.



Before these updates, our website highlighted our well-loved touring shows -- the shows for teens, for colleges, and for adults.  
But more and more, we are customizing shows for each audience and we wanted our website to reflect  this.  In addition to the option of selecting a "Signature Production" --- we also create brand new shows based on your own community's stories, or you can customize a show by hand-picking from our repertoire of diverse stories.

We're still working on a few more tweaks to the site -- and we'd love to hear your feedback.  Check out the new "What We Do" pages here, and let us know what you think!  Are the new pages easily navigated? Where can we continue to improve?

Wishing you a healthy day,
~ Oriana @ Erasing The Distance

This project is supported by a Community Arts Assistance Program grant from the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.


SUBSCRIBE TO OUR E-NEWSLETTER:








2 comments:

  1. I love your newsletter. I also occasionally visit your facebook page. I look at your website when prompted like when you notify me of updates to the website) but usually not, as the content doesn't change very frequently, at least not that I've ntoiced.

    I would love to see more information about shows, like how I can attend public events. I would love to see another performance some day. Also I appreciate pictures and also reflections of events after they happen. The stories bring a tear to my eye every time. I would love to hear more and from more perspectives. I also noticed that your facebook page is listed as having 4 albums but I can only see one. Are they private? I love the new pages to the website they are so easy to navigate.

    Thanks for allthe important work you do and the unheard voices you make heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this comment. I've read it a few times now and I find it inspiring each time.

    I looked into the facebook albums, and I think it is just a bug on facebook's part! We have 2 albums, not 4 like it displays, and they are not private. Weird, huh?

    I'm in the process of adding more functionality to our website.
    One SMALL (but mighty?!) improvement you can see now is that on the calendar page, public performances going forward have a link to more info -- which sometimes will just link back to this blog, as a way to connect the ticket info and more descriptions of the show.

    Thanks for your feedback on the blog, website, and newsletter. Much appreciated.

    Sincerely,
    ~ Oriana @ ETD

    ReplyDelete