Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Meet Angela!

You may know that Erasing the Distance tours to high schools.  For our teen age audiences, Chicago actor Angela Johnson performs Chloe's true story with bullying, self-injury, and her family's reactions.  Read on to meet Angela!

Five Questions with Angela Johnson
ETD collaborator since March/April 2009

1. What is your role with Erasing the Distance?

This will be my second year working with Erasing the Distance, and I am a part of the teen show ensemble What's Behind Our Eyes.

2. When you are not working with ETD, what might you be doing?

When I'm not working with ETD, you might find me working my full time job as a Financial Aid Advisor at Loyola University- Chicago. You could also catch me acting with another fantastic ensemble the Imagination Theater or I could be doing other shows around the Chicago land area.

3. Can you share with us your favorite ETD moment?

My favorite ETD moment was getting to meet Chloe. She is an amazing person with a great spirit. It is a real blessing to know her and hardly ever does an actor have such a great opportunity to meet the person they are playing.

4. What do you think is a pressing mental health need in your community?

I think there is a great need for support groups for families who as a whole are dealing mental heath issues. I also feel there is a greater need for shelters and homes for the homeless in my community who are dealing with mental illnesses.

5. Can you tell us your favorite way to de-stress?

My favorite way to de-stress is to sit and watch mindless reality tv shows. I'm not ashamed to say I will sit back, laugh for hours and not have a care in the world.
 
To see Angela on stage:
         Angela can also be seen performing with InnateVolution Theater's production of "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" through June 26th.
        Contact us to bring the Chloe story or the full production of What's Behind Our Eyes to you.

Thanks, Angela!
~ Oriana 

No comments:

Post a Comment