Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Five Questions with Deanna Foley

As I mentioned last week our touring schedule has slowed down, but we are staying busy planning for the fall.  We are currently working with some out of state university chapters of Active Minds to bring performances to their campuses after summer break.  It is exciting to see ETD's borders expand beyond IL.  In anticipation of next years college show adventures I want you to meet the woman who helps make sure everything runs smoothly before show time, our stage manager Deanna.


Five Questions With:  Deanna Foley
ETD collaborator since: 2008

1. What is your role with Erasing the Distance?
I'm the stage manager for the college production of Facing the Rain.  I also help out with any other stage managing needs for the company.

2. When you are not working with ETD, what might you be doing?

Probably spending time with family and friends.  I'm also so excited with the weather becoming warmer because that means I can spend more time outside.  One of my favorite things to do is to walk around downtown.

3. Can you share with us your favorite ETD moment?
My favorite moment was directing the custom show done at Dominican University in the fall of 2008.  Once the production was over, received a signed poster of the cast as a gift.  It was probably one of the most heartwarming moments I've ever experienced.  The production was definitely a highlight in my life.

4. What do you think is a pressing mental health need in your community?
To reduce the stigma of saying that you have a mental illness.  It seems that in my community, no one will ever say anything about mental illness, and they will typically sweep the issue under the carpet.  As a person living with a mental illness, I've learned to not be ashamed of it.  I've found it therapeutic and healing to talk about it, as ETD spreads the awareness of mental illness with every show they do.

5. Can you tell us your favorite way to de-stress?
Usually it's by eating a chocolate cookie.  Or by eating pretty much anything that has chocolate in it :) 

Thanks Deanna!

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment