Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meet Amanda!

Five Questions With: Amanda Eaton
Facing the Rain Cast member
ETD collaborator since 2009

1. What is your role with Erasing the Distance?

I play Rose in Facing the Rain. I will be p
laying an additional role soon in a customized piece in
May!

2. When you are not working with ETD, what might you be doing?

Working with Chicago Danztheatre Ensemble teaching kids how to dance and act, doing shows with Imagination Theater, playing patients for medical students at Loyola, Northwestern and UIC and doing plays! Also, riding my bike around the city with my music man Andy.

3. Can you share with us your favorite ETD moment?

One of the first shows I did I heard an audience member crying during my monologue. I instantly realized just how powerful this organization is and how lucky I am to be a part of it. I am moved every time we have the talk back after the show and the audience shares their own stories. Mental Illness affects everyone somehow and being a part of ETD has proven that to me.

4. What do you think is a pressing mental health need in your community?

The lack of programming for people who can't afford the help or who are not aware they need it. I don't want to categorize the homeless population by saying they all have a mental illness, however, there is a percentage of those with no place to go that need to speak to someone. It breaks my heart to see those that are experiencing a mental illness ( or deemed by the general public on the train as "crazy") are shunned and no one speaks to them. I wish there was more awareness.

5. Can you tell us your favorite way to de-stress?

I have a couple! Getting out on the bike path by the lake, doing some yoga, dancing, singing and going to WI or MI with my boyfriend Andy.

Check out Amanda's current show, JB, with Chicago Fusion Theatre to see her in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment